About Hillside Church
Hillside Church is ideally located in a growing rural community with rolling farmland just 10 minutes from the 404 extension and 45 minutes north east of Toronto. With many young families moving into the area, this church is well positioned for exciting growth.
Our Mission Statement
Hillside exists to worship God and to love and impact our neighbours by being a Christ-like community.
Our Five Missional Keys
- We exist to worship God. Our worship is an expression of our love to God.
- We exist to love one another, to love our neighbour as ourselves. Ministry to others is the physical outworking of this love.
- We exist for discipleship of ourselves and our neighbours.
- We exist in community, or in fellowship with one another and our neighbours.
- We exist for evangelism. We ought to care about the spiritual state of those around us.
Our Vision Statements
- We are a people in whom God is lovingly exalted.
- We are, as a body, focussed upon and engaged in relationship with God.
- We are a people growing in spiritual maturity, being equipped as we equip others.
- We are a people who look Christ-like in our attitudes and behaviours.
- We are a people who actively invite and welcome people into our church community.
- We are a people who better reflect the demographics of the greater community around us.
1. Connect: with people at work, home and play
2. Care: for people’s needs and interests
3. Communicate: the gospel and opportunities to respond
4. Catechize: Christian teachings and practice
5. Commend: praise and worship to God for all things
6. Coach: how to serve others with passions, gifts, and talents
7. Co-ordinate: a leadership structure to sustain the growth of disciples
Great Commandment (Mt 22:34-40; Lk 10:25-28) & Commission (Mt 28:16-20; Mk16:15,16; Acts 1:8)
1. Love God:
We desire to inspire all people to daily deepen their love and commitment to God in all that they do.
2. Love Others:
As God has loved us we also should love one another as we love ourselves.
3. Preach the Gospel:
Sharing the Gospel is our deepest expression of love so all people have an opportunity to respond and receive eternal life.
Investing in others by teaching and modeling a Christlike behaviour will be a guide for them as they seek to live out the Great Commandment & Commission.
Online Sermon Discussion Group Because we cannot gather in groups like we might normally, on Monday, October 26, 2020 @ 8:00pm, we will be holding an online discussion group through Zoom to permit you opportunity to go deeper into the Sunday morning sermon material....
Sr. High Youth Kickoff Party Because of the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions on gathering, we will be holding an Online Kickoff Party on Friday, October 2, 2020 @ 7:00pm. Contact Adam for more details on this event. Information on future events and ministry plans will be...